Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good and Bad News

Yesterday we had a meeting at work and it wasn't good. They are getting rid of our department at work and transferring it to India. Some of us will be let go next week when everything has been transferred over. There will still be eight employee's to take some of the work load here but it won't be for long. It's so sad and depressing. There was this huge black cloud hanging over our department today.
The good news is I still have a job. They are moving a few of us to different department's, since we been there a while and we know most of the software. We still don't know where we are going yet and what is going to happen. Everything will happen on the 20Th. I'm very grateful that they didn't lay us off back in February when they let go over 1000 employee's. Some of are very luck!

On other news, we are going to Kingman to pick up the kids for the summer. Looking forward to seeing them and having some fun with them.

I hope you all have a great week.
-Del

7 comments:

Amie said...

oh no! So sorry to hear it! Change is always scary. Stink on India!! I hope things go as smooth as possible. You definitely still have a job? That's good news. Whew. Good luck!

Unknown said...

WHAT??!!! you didn't even mention anything about possibly not having a job...you just said they were moving some of the work load to India. Well I am totally thankful that you still have a job. Will thank the man above... hope things go smoothly with the kiddos. Let me know if you all need any help!

Natalie said...

I'm glad the good news was really good news! Hope everything works out. What a terrible time in our economy to be laid off! just terrible.

Liz said...

Wow Delphina... I'm glad to hear that you still have a job but feel bad about those who really don't have that much time to recover and get another it really stinks.. I will pray for everyone The economy really is not getting any better.. I'm glad you have your job.. I hope your new job will be great as well.. Good luck.

Heidi E. said...

Im glad to hear that you still have a job. I can totally relate how scary it is to hear that type of news. Glad to hear that you are doing well and have fun with the kids.. can't wait to see the pics and layouts cause Im sure you will be capturing those kodak moments.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you still have a job. Love your card, and that fun layout below. You are rockin'' Take care, Tammi A

Amie said...

so what's the latest on this??